Yesterday I spoke at an investing seminar in Tampa, Florida conducted by ENR Asset Management Company. One delegate I was speaking with explained how he purchased over 35,000 acres of farmland. A timber company immediately offered him over $200 per acre just for the timber.
Not bad, $3.5 million of quick profit and he still owned the land. He said, “I didn’t sell”. That’s the nice thing about timber! Unlike most other commodities, when it’s held, the inventory grows.
But investing in green is about more than timber. Green goes far beyond profit and cash.
I often work at my micro business from a rocking chair at our Blue Ridge farm.
Almost all the delegates at that Tampa seminar were boomers, so longevity was on their minds. In addition, they were interested in the question, “What happens when I am relegated to a rocking chair?”
“Go for it” is my answer.
A rocking chair today is not what it was two decades ago. Technology makes the rocking chair an effective business tool, as good a place to generate income as the the seat of a jet is for a jetsetter. I can run my micro business, which generates a nice monthly double digit income, from that rocking chair in the mountain air on pleasant summer days.
I bring in the green better because I avoid commuting, the clutter of the city and I am surrounded by green and blue.
Here is the view from my Blue Ridge rocking chair. I often work with this view during the summer. In the winter, I trade the chair for a chaise lounge but the common element is a low stress activity that I really enjoy, which produces income and surrounds me with nature’s blue and green.
This makes the business of business incredibly fulfilling and encourages longevity.
Our recent message The Value of Trees said:
A National Library of Health article, “The Unique Human Health Effects of Blue Light” shows that color has an impact on our well being and health. The article says: “A major milestone came with the 1998 discovery of melanopsin retinal ganglion cells, a new type of photoreceptor in the eye. These cells provide signals to the suprachiasmatic nucleus (SCN), the brain’s master clock. They project to many other brain regions as well, influencing myriad aspects of human physiology.”
Researchers have shown in humans that light influences hormone secretion, heart rate, alertness, sleep propensity, body temperature and gene expression.
Another article at Livescience.com, “Does the color green boost exercise effects?” shows some health benefits from the color of green. Working out in the great outdoors may produce more psychological benefits than hitting the gym, suggest researchers who say that “green exercise” may boost mood, self-esteem, motivation and enjoyment. But according to a new study, the positive effects of green exercise may have more to do with the color green than with being surrounded by nature.
The study is the first to show that the color green may contribute to the feel-good benefits of outdoor exercise, the researchers said. The findings were published in the Journal Environmental Science and Technology in August.
That’s the beauty of the new economy. Technology changes everything. A rocking chain set in nature’s serene beauty, (connected to 45 mbps of fiber optics) replaces the stale air of a crowded jet or the busy office that can only be reached through time consuming, stress creating, dangerous, frantic and simply plain rude heavy traffic. Our own thoughts become our boss to gain the freedom to create a better, more independent life, free from the chains of big business, big pharma and big government whoever we are, whatever age and wherever we want to be. We can truly live anywhere and earn everywhere.
Learn how to apply old wisdom with new technology to create your own green rocking chair business. This not only produces income but can improve your health and help get rid of the blues.
How to Be Free Like ThisHere is How to Gain Extra Freedom-While Almost Everyone Loses Theirs. Become a Pruppie!
May I coin a new word, Pruppie?
We all know about preppers. They believe that the world, as we know it, is about to end. And we also know about Uppies, upward professionals as in Yuppies, young upward professionals. Uppies expect their world to get better.
The reality is that our worlds have changed and for most of us continues to shift. There is still great opportunity for a better lifestyle, yet the preppers could be right. Disaster might be looming in the near future.
I invite you to join Merri and me as Pruppies, those who expect the world to get better and live and earn based on that expectation but who also happen to prepare for bad times as well as good.
Just in case… the world goes sideways… we Pruppies will still survive and prosper anyway. We do not give up anything either. We can enjoy the good parts of the new economy, as we protect ourselves from what can be bad.
You’ll can learn how to gain income and tax deductions as Merri and I have working from your dining room tables.
There is an incredible new economy that’s opening for those who know what to do. There are great new opportunities and many of them offer enormous income potential but also work well in disaster scenarios.
Let me provide one simple, concrete example. Ginseng. This is a great health root. The demand is growing especially in China. At times good dried Ginseng sells for $1,000 a pound! This is an incredible and easy crop to grow. The less care you give it, the more valuable it becomes. Yet if everything goes south, the health qualities will be good to have and make it an excellent barter item. Once you know what to do with ginseng, it’s easy to grow in your back year.
Even better one of the best kept secrets is that ginseng and 125 other medicinal crops that are currently unsustainable but can be grown on land that is extraordinarily cheap to own.
Ginseng growing in our back yard. (I know about growing ginseng through experience and explain why and how in the report.)
There are are specific places where you can reduce your living expenses and easily increase your income. Scientific research has shown that being in such places actually make you smarter and healthier. Top this off with the fact that they provide tax benefits as well and you have to ask, “Where are these places?”.
Learn about these specific places. More important learn what makes them special. Discover seven freedom producing steps that you can use to find other similar places of opportunity.
Here are some of the experiences this report shares:
The report includes a tax and career plan broken into four age groups, before you finish school, from age 25 to 50 – age 50-to 65 and what to do when you reach the age where tradition wants you to re-tire. (Another clue-you do not need to retire and probably should not!)
The report is very specific because it describes what Merri and I, our children and even my sister and thousands of our readers have done and are doing, right now.
Live Anywhere – Earn Everywhere focuses on a system that takes advantage of living in Smalltown USA, but earning locally and globally.
- Learn about the magic of the north facing slope. This is where Merri and I live almost half of our time. North facing mountain land is some of the least expensive in the world but has hidden values that the report reveals. There is a lot of this land and a lot of hidden value that you can tap. When we bought our Blue Ridge farm (252 acres) I mentioned this to my Swiss banking friend. “That’s bigger than the entire village where I live!” was his response. Smalltown USA offers a last chance at having a lot of space. By living in two Smalltown places there are enormous tax advantages as well. One step in the system saves Merri and me over $28,345 in taxes a year.
The report shows how to buy inexpensive north facing slopes and create an income producing tiny homes for $29,000 or less.
If you lack the $29,000 to invest, a start up using tents is even less. These are tipis we put up at our farm before we built our first tiny home. Learn how they can create tens of thousands of dollars in income for you.
- See ways that small businesses like Tipi rentals can create BIG tax savings as well as extra income. For more than 30 years Merri and I have enjoyed a strong six figure income, some years more, in the millions. Yet there have been very few years when we had to pay federal income tax. The report lays out a three structure program and how it is used when you are in school (up to age 30), then from 25 to 50, 50 to 70 and beyond 70. Learn why Chapter C corporations and pensions can be better than the normally recommended Chapter S. See how new mileage log rules gives you a possible opportunity to increase your tax deductions using IRS Form 4562. If you have two cars, using a two-vehicle strategy can gain $12,976 in new deductions even if you do not have to drive one mile further or spend one additional penny on your car.
- See how a greenhouse can help you eat better and be healthier, plus provide income and a tax deduction and be funded by a government grant.
Our North Carolina greenhouse.
Our Florida greenhouse.
- There are similar benefits from having a second home office defined in IRS publication 463 and IRS publication 587, even if your desk is a dining room table. The report also shows how your dining room table can become an actual income producer as it creates a huge tax deduction at the same time, not to mention a great place to eat, work and lay out plans for a brighter, safer more lucrative and enjoyable future.
- Living in this environment is also healthier, economically as well as physically. You’ll see in the report how researchers at Harvard found an amazing correlation between living in conditions found on north facing slopes, longevity and mental health. The researchers were quite surprised by this strong correlation that also extended into mental health. In addition to feeling better, reducing stress and having more Joie de Vivre the places outlined in “Live Anywhere-Earn Everywhere” can help you avoid hospitals, high cost disease management (health care) and BIG pharma while providing an investment opportunity in three herbs that have some of the fastest growing demand in natural health care. These three plants are just one of seven business opportunities that can create multiple streams of income.
- How changes in cell phone and internet technology eliminate the need to be in one place. An old law that creates new opportunity for small business in small towns is available to everyone.
- Use the specific search and purchase guide. Construction plans are included that show how to generate first tier income that leads to five, second tier avenues of earnings.
- How to pay off old debt and avoid new debt by avoiding spurts and embracing value.
- Learn seven skills that will always have value. See how to turn First Aid, medicinal plants, hospitality, food, trees, alternate energy and writing to sell into everlasting, low stress wealth.
This pond at our farm is a pleasure but also helps develop a safe, healthy food supply and creates a tax deduction as well.
You can order the “Live Anywhere – Earn Everywhere Report” for $39.99. Click here.
Or you can get “Live Anywhere – Earn Everywhere” FREE and every month learn even more about how you can get profit and fulfillment from the new economy.
Independence Monthly is an online monthly portal to a better, freer life. In each issue, it explores practical ideas to help you escape “the system” and begin reclaiming your own independence.
Information ranges from step-by-step guides to gaining financial freedom…ditching the mortgage, cutting up the credit cards, waving goodbye to auto loans and student debt… to fresh and unique insights regarding lifestyle independence…learning where and how to live cheaper, healthier…and on less money.
Independence Monthly looks at urban farming… digital currency… energy independence and much, much more. It is the preferred resource for individuals looking to gain independence from the system and finally take back control of their own lives.
Rarely have I found a publication that features so many practical ideas about how to raise your lifestyle to a higher standard by combining so new ideas integrated with old wisdom .
You can use Independence Monthly to have a healthier, more prosperous, fulfilled life regardless of how the world unfolds.
- The latest issue of Independence Monthly tells how Deb and Tj Akey downshifted to live on a sailboat and now spend their days anchoring off beaches and visiting cool places on their 42ft boat. See how to make extra cash from your spare room by joining the sharing economy and renting your space to guests. Learn about your right to water…which states allow you to collect rain…and how you can filter water to ensure you have your own source in times of drought
- In another issue meet Robin and Steve Follette, who wholeheartedly embrace a self-sufficient rural life in Maine, hunting, fishing, raising chickens, and growing their own food…and Karyn Moskowitz who brings rural goodness into the urban environment. Improve your own food supply by making homemade ice cream, free from artificial flavors…boost your wealth with tips on how to pay off a mortgage quickly and save up to 30% of the cost.
- The November issue reviews how people are cutting loose from the corporate world in increasingly innovative ways. Read how Don Waters is creating online incomes to support his rural dream. Improve your chances of shopping for healthy, nutritious food by understanding what food labels really mean…find out how to bypass banks and buy with bitcoin.
- Learn how to cope in the face of a food shortage? See Tom Kerr’s insights on the highlights of food insecurity and how Jules Dervaes feeds his family from one-tenth of an acre, 15 minutes from downtown L.A. Plus, you’ll find all you need to know to start canning any extra fruit and vegetables you grow. See how Zoe Blarowski quit her job when she saw how much money she could make freelancing. See how Les Worley loves making cheese in his own kitchen.
- In another issue you learn more about how Merri and I, who are in our seventies, have a global business and income yet are living a life on the land—using the uber economy, online income, and wise investments to create wealth.
Three More Reports FREE
If you subscriber now, Independence Monthly will send you three more special reports at no additional charge.
Special Report #1: Manifesto for the Uber Economy (FREE today with your subscription to Independence Monthly). Find tried and tested ways to free yourself from the burdens of debt and reclaim the life of fun and excitement you deserve. If you’re interested in taking advantage of the myriad opportunities within the Uber Economy—to boost your wealth and leave the rat race behind—there’s no smarter, more comprehensive, more efficient place to start.
Special Report #2: Banking Smarter: The Uber Economy’s Low-Cost, Big-Reward Answer to Outrageous Fees and Charges. (Not available with any other offer—yours FREE today.) Inside, you’ll learn how to gain free and instant access to the fastest growing banking system in the world. Open your own account today—using step-by-step instructions—and you can ditch the fees and charges that ordinarily cost Americans more than $1 billion per year.
Plus, take advantage of a special fast reply bonus—by acting within the next 24 hours—and Independence Monthly we’ll send you another Special Research Report as well…
Special Report #3: The No-Mortgage Secret to Owning in America (Not available with any other offer—yours FREE today). You’ll discover a little-known way to get a pristine slice of America—at no charge. No mortgage. No down payment. No repayments. Imagine waving goodbye to mortgage repayments… for good!
My normal promise of full satisfaction or your money back extends to Independence Monthly. Subscribe to Independence Monthly here. Two years for just $69.
Get your first issues. If you are not totally satisfied, let Independence Monthly know within 60 days and they will give you a full refund, no questions asked.
If you are not totally happy and take a full refund, you can keep the report “Live Anywhere – Earn Everywhere”, plus the three bonus reports, as my and the staff of Independence Monthly’s thanks, for giving this important publication a try.
You can order the “Live Anywhere – Earn Everywhere Report” for $39.99. Click here. Or get the four reports free when you subscribe to Independence Monthly for two years.